BLOG TOUR – Picture Not Perfect
This content has been provided to SHANNON MUIR’S THE PULP AND MYSTERY SHELF by Great Escapes Book Tours. No compensation was received. This information required by the Federal Trade Commission.
Picture Not Perfect (The Not So Reluctant Detectives)
by D.E. Haggerty
About the Book
Picture Not Perfect (The Not So Reluctant Detectives)
2nd in Series
Self Published (January 21, 2019)
Print Length: 230 pages
A picture tells a story. But is it the truth?
When the police find pictures of Melanie hanging up at her murdered colleague’s house, they’re convinced he was stalking her. Maybe she even killed him. Melanie was not being stalked! And she certainly didn’t kill her supposed stalker – as if. But Mel – always up for a bit of drama – jumps at the chance to go search for the real killer. When Mel’s ex-boyfriend, Owen, discovers her plans, he pulls out all the stops to ensure she’s safe and to win her back. No matter what happens with the murder investigation, he’s not letting her go. With the police setting their sights on Mel, he may need to jeopardize his own career on the police force to protect her.
Will Mel find the real killer before the detectives arrest her for murder?
Character Guest Post
10 things you didn’t know about me
Character Guest Post – Great Escapes Blog Tour
Picture Not Perfect
Hi! My name’s Melanie Hanson and I guess I’m supposed to be telling you some things you don’t already know about me. Huh. That’s pretty difficult. I’m kind of an open book. Okay, I have a few secrets, but it’s not like I’ll be sharing those here with you. Sorry. Not sorry. But some things are meant to be kept secret. Soooo, what can I tell you about that isn’t a secret? Let’s give this a try.
- I’m working on my PhD in educational psychology. Sounds totally nerdy, doesn’t it? But I’m far from a nerd. My friend Terri, now, she’s a nerd.
- I’m addicted to television crime shows. CSI, Hawaii Five-O, NCIS, Elementary, … I love them all. The cheesier the better, I say
- It’s not that I don’t like to read, I just don’t have the patience for it. If you ask Terri, she’ll say I’m anti-reading. I’m not. Not really. I just can’t sit still long enough to finish a book.
- I hate my body. Yeah, yeah, I know I’m toned and can get away without wearing a bra most days, but I hate that! I want to have to wear a bra. I want to look like a woman and not a boy with long hair.
- I don’t love beer, I love microbrews. Microbrews – my favorite is Spotted Cow and not only because the name is awesome! – taste completely different than those mass-produced weak beers like Miller. Yuck!
- I can raise one eyebrow. That doesn’t sound very exciting, but you’d be surprised how often people are jealous when I do it. Terri thinks she can teach herself to raise just one eyebrow. No way I’m telling her you can’t teach yourself. It’s way too much fun watching her make a fool of herself.
- I don’t swear. It’s not that I don’t want to, because I could totally rock having a potty mouth. But I work at a high school. I’m supposed to set an example, although those teenagers could put me to shame with the naughty words they know.
- I hate to run. Shocking, I know, since I run a few miles at least five times a week. Doesn’t mean I enjoy it, though.
- I have a bit of a temper. You may have guessed this already. It’s not much of a secret, although I don’t use my temper too often. Or at least I try not to. I probably fail more often than I should.
- Although I grew up not too far from Milwaukee and my family still leaves nearby, I don’t have much contact with them. It’s a long story, but trust me, I’m not a fault. Of course, I’m not!
My writer, D.E. Haggerty, wants me to ask if you’re curious enough about me now to give my book Picture Not Perfect a try. Just tell her yes. I need that woman off my back!
About the Author
I grew up reading everything I could get my grubby hands on, from my mom’s Harlequin romances to Nancy Drew, to Little Women. When I wasn’t flipping pages in a library book, I was penning horrendous poems, writing songs no one should ever sing, or drafting stories which have thankfully been destroyed. College and a stint in the U.S. Army came along, robbing me of free time to write and read, although on the odd occasion I did manage to sneak a book into my rucksack between rolled up socks, MRIs, t-shirts, and cold weather gear. After surviving the army experience, I went back to school and got my law degree. I jumped ship and joined the hubby in the Netherlands before the graduation ceremony could even begin. A few years into my legal career, I was exhausted, fed up, and just plain done. I quit my job and sat down to write a manuscript, which I promptly hid in the attic before returning to the law. But practicing law really wasn’t my thing, so I quit (again!) and went off to Germany to start a B&B. Turns out running a B&B wasn’t my thing either. I polished off that manuscript languishing in the attic before following the husband to Istanbul where I decided to give the whole writer-thing a go. But ten years was too many to stay away from my adopted home. I packed up again and moved to The Hague where, in between tennis matches and failing to save the world, I’m currently working on my next book. I hope I’ll always be working on my next book.
Picture Not Perfect is my fourteenth novel.
Amazon author page: http://www.amazon.com/D.E.-Haggerty/e/B00ECQBURU/
Newsletter signup: http://eepurl.com/bbmdj9
Bookbub author page: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/d-e-haggerty
January 21 – My Reading Journeys – REVIEW
January 22 – Mythical Books – GUEST POST
January 23 – Babs Book Bistro – CHARACTER GUEST POST
January 24 – A Blue Million Books – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
January 25 – A Wytch’s Book Review Blog – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
January 26 – I’m All About Books – SPOTLIGHT
January 27 – Mallory Heart’s Cozies – REVIEW
January 28 – The Pulp and Mystery Shelf – CHARACTER GUEST POST
January 29 – Mysteries with Character – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
January 29 – StoreyBook Reviews – REVIEW
January 30 – Books Direct – REVIEW, GUEST POST
January 31 – Ruff Drafts – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
February 1 –Christa Reads and Writes – GUEST POST
February 2 – Readeropolis – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
February 3 – Maureen’s Musings – SPOTLIGHT
February 3 – Laura`s Interests – SPOTLIGHT
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?